The Chamber of Commerce Resources
Constant Contact Overview
Block Island App Back-end Overview
Customer Listing (Business Listing Form Submission)
- Shows the business listing form being completed and submitted.
- Once submitted an email will be sent and the listing is put in the Paid Business Listing Google Sheet. The email or spreadsheet can be used to cut and paste the listing information from.
Business Listing (Creating The App Listing)
- Any text you copy into a listing make sure it is plain text.
- One way to do this is to copy into Notepad (Window) or TextEdit (Mac) and make plain text (menu option). Or you can use html-cleaner.com (see lower video).
- Then copy into the text element in the listing.
- Be sure to check the proper categories.
- Add the action button details (phone, email, and web address).
- Add the SEO information for the listing. Use name of establishment for Title and copy some text from the listing for the description.
Business Listing (Adding Images)
- Go to email and open image links. Download files and give them a name that makes sense (ie deadeyes-outside).
- Upload file to tinyjpg.com or tinypng.com. Then download compressed file. (may be good to add -sm to signify it is a small file)
- Then upload to the Block Island App listing. Make sure outside photo has the check. This will put it at the top of the listing.
- Next add additional photos. May need to break the text into multiple elements to add the picture in the best spots.
Business Listing (Advanced Text Tips & Tools)
- Shows different ways to format text.
- How to add links to text. Link to other business listings or external links.
- Using html-cleaner.com to clean your text. Be sure to add paragraphs or line breaks once you copy it back.
- Also covers how to add new text sections or delete them.
- Here is a simple guide to learn basic html.
Business Listing (Adding Buttons)
Blue Button Example HTML
<p style=”text-align: center;”><a href=”https://vriresorts.com/rentResortInfoSheets.php?prop=3327&property_name=Island+Manor+Resort” style=”background-color: rgb(41, 84, 126); border: initial; border-radius: 1000em; color: rgb(255, 255, 255); stroke: rgb(255, 255, 255); padding: 10px 16px;text-align: center;text-decoration: none;”>Book A Room</a></p>
<p style=”text-align: center;”>or</p>
Social Media Icon HTML